Powered by Blogger.

THE OVERHYPED CHRISTMAS TREE REVEAL!

    When I posted my Christmas tree inspiration (right here) in the beginning of December, I had lofty ambitions. Unfortunately, time and budget got the best of me and I couldn't quite pull together the vision I had in mind.

    When I finally spent some time last week hunting for the perfect ornaments, I realized that unless I wanted to drop at a few hundred bucks on new decorations, I was going to have to settle for indulging in just a few new ornaments and trim instead. Which is just what I did...
    IMG_3378
    First of all - the tree itself was sent to me by Treetopia, was incredibly easy to put together, and afforded me the chance to get a little risky and indulge in a black tree!

    I knew I wanted to go with black, whites and metallics, so I started with the ornaments I already had...
    black christmas tree decor
    Gold, white, cream and silver balls, icicles and snowflakes were all on hand. I added the 'confetti' ornaments from Crate & Barrel to match the white pom pom ribbon trim. Then I realized I needed a thicker garland and layered on the black+cream striped ribbon too.
    IMG_3362
    I bought the tassels when I thought I still might be able to go in my Indochine inspired direction. I kept them anyway.
    IMG_3356
    IMG_3376
    Flanking the tree with my new chairs (from Z Gallerie) and their glittery pillows cozied things up a bit - something you kinda need to do with a black tree. Lesson learned? A theme tree means going big or going home... maybe next year I'll go bigger, but for now I'm perfectly happy with this dramatic new addition for the living room.

Post Title

THE OVERHYPED CHRISTMAS TREE REVEAL!


Post URL

http://cocokelleys.blogspot.com/2011/12/overhyped-christmas-tree-reveal.html


Visit coco kelleys for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive