Powered by Blogger.

FROM FANTASY TO FÊTE: BURNING MAN

    Well hello there, c+k readers! Camille Styles here, and today we're taking a bit of a different approach to our Fantasy to Fête series by beginning with inspiration from a real party, albeit one that includes a major element of fantasy...

    For the last few years I've watched with fascination as the Burning Man festival in Black Rock Desert, Nevada, becomes a bigger, more buzzed-about event. Built upon a set of principles like gifting, self-expression and participation, and fully devoted to experimental forms of art, this is one festival that I think I need to see to believe. I was thrilled when Town & Country devoted a spread to the glamorous crowds and creative artwork that descend on Black Rock, giving us a glimpse into the haute hippie utopia full of the fabulous as they seek something transcendental. No doubt the wardrobes in attendance are as striking as the art, so I thought I'd take a moment to fantasize about what I'd pack for such a weekend in the desert...
    And do tell: have any of you been to Burning Man?

    *images: event photos, quilt, bike, boots, cuff, lace poncho, canteen, bowler hat, fox mask

Post Title

FROM FANTASY TO FÊTE: BURNING MAN


Post URL

http://cocokelleys.blogspot.com/2011/11/from-fantasy-to-fete-burning-man.html


Visit coco kelleys for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive