Powered by Blogger.

DECK THE WALLS

    The holidays may be just around the corner, but we've still got a whole month to celebrate fall, and I've been gathering some ideas on decor for a harvest dinner featuring my dad's famous butternut squash ravioli that I've been craving lately.

    Then, inspiration hit me when going through some photos from a trip to east coast a few months ago...
    IMG_2198
    Fall leaves are one of my most favorite things in the world, and this stunning wall in the Twelve Chairs showroom in Boston may be the best homage I've seen on the subject. The leaves are actually pinned (!!!) on to create a stunning pattern.
    IMG_2197
    I feel like there's all sorts of ways to get crafty with this idea (maybe even some that are kid friendly?) I could see myself doing this in a smaller scale on my bulletin board, and tacking them up around a menu?

    Of course, I'm also loving this inspiration for walls as well...
    DSC01398
    In the beautiful Seedhouse showroom in Manhattan, owner Ellen Carey created this wall all herself. Feathers, feathers, and more feathers in a gorgeous shade of yellow! A more permanent installation that could take some serious time, but again, done smaller scale could be fun for a fall party, no?

    What would you do with these ideas? My brain is spinning and my dinner party is this weekend!

    *images by coco+kelley

Post Title

DECK THE WALLS


Post URL

http://cocokelleys.blogspot.com/2011/11/deck-walls.html


Visit coco kelleys for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive