Powered by Blogger.

APARTMENT #26: THE LIVING ROOM LOOK

    I finally see a light at the end of my travel tunnel and that means one thing: time to get this house together! I've been putting off committing to a style and palette in the living room because I can't seem to find my focus. So I pulled a few photos yesterday that reflect some of the colors and moods I'm drawn to...
    celerie via lonny
    living room inspiration
    nymag
    Sometimes being a designer is being a detective. The commonalities in these photos don't necessarily jump out, but they're there. Thankfully, since they're my own inspirations I know what it is I love about them. Try doing that when it's your client pulling inspiration and it's not always so easy!

    The biggest challenge for me is finding the balance between fresh and uncluttered. The layers of the room have to be just right. I also need to keep my white walls, so that makes the room a little more high contrast than I'd like, but it will work. The palette will be a variety of blues with rich wood tones and greys. I'm thinking I need to add some green (especially in the office area!) but I love the soft amethyst and mustards that I'm picking up in my inspiration rooms. The key ingredient will be a strong use of black somewhere as well. Now? I just have to pull it all together!

    What do you think of the looks? Not coincidentally they involve some of my favorite designers. Can you envision it?

    *rooms via celerie kemble for lonny, albert hadley, nate berkus, miles redd, kelly wearstler, deborah needleman for ny mag

Post Title

APARTMENT #26: THE LIVING ROOM LOOK


Post URL

http://cocokelleys.blogspot.com/2011/11/apartment-26-living-room-look.html


Visit coco kelleys for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive