Powered by Blogger.

HIGH POINT HIGHLIGHTS: BRONZED

    There were a ton of trends at High Point Market this year that I've picked up on, but one of my favorites was the use of brass. Everywhere. We've been seeing it for a while now and it always takes a season or to for these little trends to go big, but I think brass is officially back (in the marketplace!) Which, of course, means that after next season there will be a new mainstream metal. (I'm predicting hammered high shine nickel. I've seen quite a bit of it already.) But, before we get ahead of ourselves... a few favorites:
    DSC02605
    This little series from Ralph Lauren for Visual Comfort reminds me of horse bits, perfectly aligning with many of the other equestrian inspired pieces in the line. And, quite delicate too.
    bronze detail casegoods table
    Brass on casegoods - major major love. Everything has a campaign or (again) equestrian feel with details like rings, handles, corner brackets and more. The white table is so perfect for my apartment... I may need to snag it!
    DSC02585
    Brass on upholstery? Yes, yes, yes! Makes a simple piece way more interesting.
    dramatic bronze lighting mirror
    And my favorite way to do brass - a little dark, industrial or dramatic. I'm dying to use this pendant in my dad's restaurant design! 

    *pieces from visual comfort, hickory chair, palecek, elite leather, made goods and currey & co.

Post Title

HIGH POINT HIGHLIGHTS: BRONZED


Post URL

http://cocokelleys.blogspot.com/2011/11/high-point-highlights-bronzed.html


Visit coco kelleys for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive